Foreign Order Policy / Exporting

PAC-NOR Barreling, Inc. is a registered exporter with the U.S. State Department:

All overseas orders must be accompanied by a $350.00 permit fee and by a 50% deposit on the first order (in U.S. funds, drawn on a U.S. bank) or a credit card number. We prefer a credit card because the card company handles the exchange rates.

The charge of $350.00 covers the processing of export paperwork and the registration fees with the State Department. An order can be for a single barrel or for a hundred: one $350.00 charge applies per application. For example, if a foreign business applies for multiple barrels, we can deliver barrels individually on that license until it expires (usually 2 years) and the total number of barrels on the license does not have to be filled. We understand that export license for any .50 caliber barrels are not approved.

To process the application for export, the U.S. State Department requires the following:

  1. An original document or certified copy of a duly-issued import authorization.
  2. A written explanation is required for any application that does not include an import authorization (e.g., letter from importing government stating that the item does not require an import certificate; applicant certification that no import permits are required).
  3. A Puchase Order written on the buyer’s letterhead. The P.O. should be signed and include an end use statement such as: “To be used for hunting or sporting purpose”.
  4. The end-user must complete and return a State Department DSP-83 form.
    To download a copy of a printable blank form in a .pdf file, CLICK HERE.
    The information on all 3 items: import permit, blanket purchase order for the time period of the permit, and the DSP-83 must match: total quantity, calibers listed and total value. Signed originals must be forwarded to us by mail, to keep in your file. Faxed or Emailed copies, accompanied by the $350.00, can be used to start the Export permit process.
  5. Once the permit is approved, we can take your first order, all or partial amount of the quantity and types listed on the application.
  6. English translations must be provided for foreign language documents.

We ship barrels through the U.S. Postal Service. (United Parcel Service and FedEx will not accept firearms or parts for foreign delivery).

You may contact us for a list of approved importers for various countries as they sign up.

If you have additional questions or need more information, please CONTACT US.

State Department Form DSP-83.pdf